SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
iCocker
RayCaruana
Joseph
markborg02
Ray
jojjemannen
Tancred
Noel Petroni
12 posters

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques Empty IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi geeks!
    After talking to our El Presidente and told him of my idea, I would like to introduce you to the idea!
    Very Happy

I will be organising a workshop at the club directed at beginners. I will show how to get effective results using basic and easy techniques

Those interested please post a note here confirming also if the date is suitable

Wednesday 17th / Painting tunics on 1:35 figures related to WWII
    > This is a simple way of how to achieve highlights and shadows using oils and drybrushing

Let me know who can make it! Surprised

Regards
    Noel
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques Empty Re: IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques

Post  Tancred Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Count me in Noel, great idea. Maybe we can have a series of these.

Tancred afro
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques Empty Re: IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques

Post  jojjemannen Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:03 pm

IM IN!

Perfect idea!

I don't know how many new guys we are at the club nor what area we (I am still a newbie) specialize in.. But I would like to see, just what Alex did to me, how to take the model a few steps further by washes, pigments .. But I like to see more of this (if we have an audience enough to do this that is).

/Tiny
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Count me in as well Cool

Ray affraid
    markborg02
    markborg02

Post  markborg02 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Perfect idea
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 am

Count me in, great idea.

J
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 am

I don't know how many new guys we are at the club nor what area we (I am still a newbie) specialize in.. But I would like to see, just what Alex did to me, how to take the model a few steps further by washes, pigments .. But I like to see more of this (if we have an audience enough to do this that is).

/Tiny

Count me in Noel, great idea. Maybe we can have a series of these.

Tancred

That's the idea, guys! Later on I'll be demonstrating simple flesh painting with oils and than I will move onto armour, utilizing basic techniques at first.

Maybe the figure geeks can demonstrate flesh application using acrylics!!!!

Maybe aircraft geeks can demonstrate how to airbrush!!

Regards
    Noel
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:32 am

Excellent idea cheers cheers COME ON GUYS LET'S PUSH THIS FORWARD. Is it possible to start re-using the room upstairs for these workshops?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 am

Yes, I think it makes more sense to deliver these lectures upstairs.

J
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

As already told Noel very good idea ... I would also recommend to take this aproach a step further, more then lecteurs I would highlight workshops, there are so many new techniques that we can try them out discuss and elaborate on the methods.

This year I have been invited for the 2nd modelling convention in Belgium [organised by Marijn van Gils, Staf Steyners and Rudi Miers] based on these kind of workshops and discussions. Unfortunetly I can't attend Sad but the basics for this convention is excellent. The idea is not just one person doing lectures and the other follow BUT a number of topics are arised people group up and discuss or do work hands on; to see different aproaches and discuss the results and share techniques.

I think we should follow these ideas, we are fortunate enough to have a club that is autstanding on all fields of modelling, so from each other we learn and take modelling a step further ...

Ivan
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am

Ivan, excellent idea, infact I was going to ask Noel if this is going to be a hands-on experiance. I think that first we should start with these simple lectures (we have tried these in the past and everyone knows the outcome) and then we move to these workshops according to those willing to attend and participate, because if we go for workshops (this would be the ultimate in lecturing) we definetly need to invest in time, material, commitment etc etc.

Hope that for next Wed we will have a room full of participants all willing to learn something new Smile Smile

J
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 am

Joseph wrote:Ivan, excellent idea, infact I was going to ask Noel if this is going to be a hands-on experiance. I think that first we should start with these simple lectures (we have tried these in the past and everyone knows the outcome) and then we move to these workshops according to those willing to attend and participate, because if we go for workshops (this would be the ultimate in lecturing) we definetly need to invest in time, material, commitment etc etc.

Hope that for next Wed we will have a room full of participants all willing to learn something new Smile Smile

J

Agreed, we shall promote Marco's motto, 'You learn from me, I learn from you we all learn from each other!' ... come on guys let's start!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 pm

I like the idea, Ivan.

I'll do my best to get figures with me so every one will be trying out the technique. Like this it will not be boring for the guys looking!

Regards
    Noel
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:29 pm

I have a bunch of 1/35 figures still attached to the spruces..
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks Noel this is brilliant. Always ready to learn from you tankies. You can show us flyboys a thing or two. Looking forward to this.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques Empty Pity....

Post  Dottore Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm duty...loads of stuff disrupting my modelling recently...but will attend future workshops I need to start some figgy work cheers

Thanks Noel

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:29 am

Dottore wrote:I'm duty...loads of stuff disrupting my modelling recently...but will attend future workshops I need to start some figgy work cheers

Thanks Noel

Dottore

Stop it as we're gonna shed a tear soon you futsall strainer Sad Laughing

Noel can you please start your lecture "how to purge the brush"? lol!

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 am

At what time will you start Noel?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 am

Noel, for the benefit of all those who intend to participate in this workshop please give us an idea about,

Start time and duration

What tools and material do we need to bring with us.

J
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 pm

OK guys!

So, I finish work at 7:00pm and should be at the club at about 7:15pm

a) Suggested start time : 7:45pm but not later than 8:00pm
    b) You can bring the following:
    - RAW UMBER OIL PAINT - A 1:35 FIGURE OF YOUR CHOICE PAINTED - THE PAINTS YOU PAINTED THE FIGURE WITH - NORMAL TYPE SIZE 1 BRUSH - ONE OR TWO SMALL FLAT BRUSH FOR DRYBRUSH - WHITE SPIRIT - TOILET PAPER TO CLEAN THE BRUSHES.

About the painted figure. You need only paint the fabric area (tunic and pants). No need to paint the flesh or other stuff, however if you want to you can just go over and filll in the flesh and belt etc,

THe painted fabric area needs to be painted good and flat..... without shadows... just toy-like. WE will do the shadows and highlights at the workshop.

If you do not have the tools it's no problem if you come empty handed.

Regards
    Noel
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you Noel and to all those who attended. We all learnt something new and look forward to the next one.

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00110

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00210

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00310

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00410

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00610

IMPORTANT - Workshop at SSM Club - Basic Techniques 00710

Tancred afro
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Tancred wrote:Thank you Noel and to all those who attended. We all learnt something new and look forward to the next one.

Tancred afro

Can't do nothing more than agree! You made it look so simple!

Thanks and I'm looking forward to the next one!

/Tiny
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 am

To me, it looked like a small party especially that one playing with the mobile lol!

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Ray wrote:To me, it looked like a small party especially that one playing with the mobile lol!

Ray affraid

Probably his figure just sent him an sms Twisted Evil
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm

iCocker wrote:
    Ray wrote:To me, it looked like a small party especially that one playing with the mobile lol!

Ray affraid

Probably his figure just sent him an sms Twisted Evil

lol!

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm