SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
olivermifsud
Luke
in nannu pec
Joseph
RayCaruana
Tancred
iCocker
AdriaN
bcauchi
Dottore
Ray
alexbb
skyhigh
Noel Petroni
18 posters

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 pm

@ Ivan, your idea is excellent but I'm pressed for time! I wish to send this as an article and can't delay much more!!! Although I might add them after so I'll design the diorama so that I could add the figures in the future.

@ Dottore!!! Mad The foot print is NOT a foot print!! Mad Previous photos will show that it is the position where the figure will be placed!! Mad
    Are you building at the moment? Neutral
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 Empty Very nice job

Post  Luke Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Very nice job Noel , Impressive work as always Very Happy
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

Post  alexbb Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:@ Ivan, your idea is excellent but I'm pressed for time! I wish to send this as an article and can't delay much more!!! Although I might add them after so I'll design the diorama so that I could add the figures in the future.

@ Dottore!!! Mad The foot print is NOT a foot print!! Mad Previous photos will show that it is the position where the figure will be placed!! Mad

Noel have pity on cousin doc
    he has, as yet, not come round from the cannonade he received from the turks

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 pm

alex wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:@ Ivan, your idea is excellent but I'm pressed for time! I wish to send this as an article and can't delay much more!!! Although I might add them after so I'll design the diorama so that I could add the figures in the future.

Noel have pity on cousin doc
    he has, as yet, not come round from the cannonade he received from the turks

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I think it is more that he's been kept away from modelling lately lol! lol!

Ray affraid
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 am

I think it is more that he's been kept away from modelling lately

Ray

However, I have to say he's one of the very few that points out the things he sees strange..... I like that!

When all over forums you get, Woe!, Very good weathering!, Keep it up!.............. you wouldn't know if they are serious! So it's very difficult to improve!!!! That's get's us back to Ray C's suggestion of a thread where one knows for sure that he can point out stuff to the modeller, knowing that he will not get annoyed with his comments.

Regards
    Noel
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 am

Noel ... why not show it as well, would be nice to see a wounded German being tended my a British medic, would show the human element after a bloody conflict, viewers would like such a scene ...

Check out Marco's post as referance https://ipmsmalta.forumotion.net/figures-f7/some-thing-for-the-figures-t424-45.htm#8314

Ivan

Would you happen to know if such figures (any pose) are available?

Regards
    Noel
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 Empty My opinion.....

Post  Dottore Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 am

If you are posting in a public forum...it is cos you are inviting comments...whether criticism or admiration....

Noel is a seasoned modeller...he appreciates but doesn't need the priase i reckon...he knows he's doing a good job.

I will ALWAYS point out something I'm not convined of...then again I might be misled as in this case above...

Dottore cat

@ Ray...yes I'm building though modelling time comes at a premium these days...Ill try to post soime in progress soon....

@ Alex...I recovered fully with no permanent disability after the Turks thank for asking cus Cool
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 am

Noel

Unfortunetly you have to convert and update what is available, Dragon has a set of medics with wounded that might suite the idea, though you have to convert one to a Tommy. Otherwise see what you have available in your spare box and update to the idea ... unfortunetly that is the only way to acheive such stories ...

PS - alas the footprint to the Dottore was a reminder the kick in the but the Malta 5 a side team got from the eternal enemy Twisted Evil

Ejja Doc dawk il-Cromwells gejjien, mur giebek tibni Tiger kieku tiehu xi sentejn Razz
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 am

First of all thank you all for your comments......and Doc, you are too kind! Very Happy

THe Sherman is ready.........there will always be one or two things that I missed to weather! The Diorama will also be complete soon

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr1

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr3

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr2

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr5

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr4

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-sr6
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 am

Not bad for a beginner Laughing

Seriously.........awesome and inspiring job on all fronts like always Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:06 am

Noel it is brilliant. The only thing that struck me immediately and i don;t really like is the way the German tunic is folded. It is too neat for someone who left in a hurry and just abandoned everything. Call it nit picking!! As for the rest, i can only repeat what everybody else has said, it is really great.
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 am

Noel!!! I think I'm gonna love AFV modelling at last!!!

Your brilliant work inspires everybody!!! affraid affraid

I'm tunned!!!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 am

@ Thanks Ray
    @ Thanks Brian
    @ Thanks Alex

Guys, Brian pointed out his opinion regarding the jacket. I would like more views about how it looks.
    The story was that the MG gunner was hit and wounded and British medics attended to his wound but he left the jacket behind.
    I personally like it but I wish to here more views on this. Just straight forward views not complicated ones! Before I start to etch the ground work to make it sit more realistically on the ground.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:37 am

Yes very valid point re Brian's. As you said that you were pressed for time, I really didn't go into anything else, because like Ivan pointed out you could have included the British medics attending the German near the fox hole, as it would have added the much desired HUMANE IMPACT in a battle scene!

Only you have to see what and which to make, or alter at this stage Shocked Cool

Just my honest 2c worth Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

Noel

Sherman is spot on and I like the weathering, regarding the story line, Brian critisized a valid point.

Notice one thing, and this I learn from my first dio Gulf Graffiti after a decade, unfortuently you are on my same wavelength of that project, in your mind you have a very clear picture and the story is very good, but yet IMO it is not translated well to the viewer.

What I am saying is that you have to say the story to be understood, hence if someone just look at the dio as is, he just might get another conclusion ... maybe he things the Jerries escaped, they were killed etc etc. I made the same mistake in my GulfGraffiti, I thaught everyone understood that the GI's were tagging the vehicle ... it was pointed out to me by Marijn that he understood the dio just after reading the nameplate, dios should not work like that. He then pointed out that just by having the cradboard used for masking or reconverting by having the spraycans in the GI hands the story was understood better ... and I agreed by adding a mask the story tied up better ... and acheived to translate the story to the viewer how I wanted.

I feel same here by adding a medic tending the wounded, the story would be much clear, the jacket might still remain as is, as there is no real rush and the panic of battle is over ... apart you add what Ray indicated the human element to war, no more enemies.

Pardon me to play the part of that kind of critic 'li jsib ix-xaghra fl-ghagina' but I feel you have a very good setup, but incomplete as the main element of the story is not there! Come on set up the duo.

Hope it helps ...

Ivan
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:04 pm

valid points by everyone. i would suggest you finish the dio for your deadline and once you posted the article go back immediatly and take ivan's suggestion of including the woulded german and brit medic.
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

The first reaction when I saw the foxhole was "why did they leave the jacket behind? and that footprint is too deep!"

But, that's my personal interpretation! And I agree with Ivan, if you had personel that tends to a wounded POW, with a solder standing guard (it might be to much)

alex wrote:valid points by everyone. i would suggest you finish the dio for your deadline and once you posted the article go back immediatly and take ivan's suggestion of including the woulded german and brit medic.

Agree with Alex, finish the dio and the article!

Lovely work as always Noel!

/Tiny
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

BRIAN WROTE: The only thing that struck me immediately and i don;t really like is the way the German tunic is folded. It is too neat for someone who left in a hurry and just abandoned everything. Call it nit picking!!

"NIT PICKING!!!" affraid Brian ......... I really liked that jacket!! Sad But the Germ,an did not leave in a hurry! He was wounded and the British helped him remove the jacket to tend to his wound....promise.

Result
    Noel = 1
    Members = 5

Members win! I yield and will remove the jacket! Sad

I will however be tempted to take the advice and find suitable figures to complete the diorama as primarily suggested by Ivan and the rest of you!

Thanks for your help and ................ Brian,..............wait till you finish your project!! Very Happy

Last edited by Noel Petroni on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    BRIAN WROTE: The only thing that struck me immediately and i don;t really like is the way the German tunic is folded. It is too neat for someone who left in a hurry and just abandoned everything. Call it nit picking!!

"NIT PICKING!!!" affraid Brian ......... I really liked that jacket!! Sad

Result
    Noel = 1
    Members = 5

Members win! I yield and will remove the jacket! Sad

I will however be tempted to take the advice and find suitable figures to complete the diorama as primarily suggested by Ivan and the rest of you!

Thanks for your help and ................ Brian,..............wait till you finish your project!! Very Happy

Noel, this is the drawback of being member of a club such as IPMS Malta.. affraid

BUT, it looks to neatly folded to be from a wounded soldier. If the soldier had a arm wound, what would the medics do when they came to aid? Cut the arm of the uniform of? Remove the uniform completely?

Admire your work as always!

/Tiny
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 am

Positive thinKing Noel Laughing

You can't let the viewers guess/think of what is infront of them Evil or Very Mad you have to/must present a CLEAR picture without letting anyone guess/think of what to make of your fabulous work pale

Bejnietna, ma haqqekx ahjar ta kemm tigbed saqajn ta Twisted Evil Laughing

Ray affraid
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 am

I would leave the jacket, it adds interest and is another detail. There is enough rock and sand. I see nothing wrong in letting the viewer make up his own story.

Tancred afro
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:08 pm

May be in some way this pic you'll find it helpfull, Noel

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 Dead_g11
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:38 am

I read on Shep Paine's and Bill Horan's books, that "Narrative is the most important thing in a vignette or diorama, so the viewer woulld not ask questions or try to guess what is going on" Shocked Cool

Keep up the great work Noel, it will turn out brilliant like always!

Wil alien
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 pm

READY!!!!

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio01

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio02

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio03

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio04

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio08

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio05

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio06

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-dio07

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 9 PB-black
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:05 pm

excellent work as usual

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm