SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint labels..

Paint labels.. Empty Paint labels..

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:13 am

I have had a problem with the paint bottle labels rubbing off on my paints..as seen in the picture below...

Paint labels.. 100_4773

What I do now is label all my paints with a home made sticker..

I "borrowed" my wife's circle template from her scrapbooking stuff (about a year ago and see still hasn't noticed) and use a pen blade to cut out pieces of blue tape that are just a tad smaller than the top of the bottle. I then label the tape with the color in the bottle (both the FS number and the color name)

Paint labels.. 100_4771

Paint labels.. 100_4772

I have found it works very well and I can find my paints with out pulling everything out.
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Paint labels.. Empty Re: Paint labels..

Post  AdriaN Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:24 pm

That is precisely what happens to me with MM paints! But in my case i paint to top of the lid Wink & like that, you will always know what colour the paint is exactly..

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:30 pm

AdriaN wrote:That is precisely what happens to me with MM paints! But in my case i paint to top of the lid Wink & like that, you will always know what colour the paint is exactly..

That is true but when all the instructions have on them is color FS 36440, what shade of gray is that?
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:33 pm

wedfactory wrote:
    AdriaN wrote:That is precisely what happens to me with MM paints! But in my case i paint to top of the lid Wink & like that, you will always know what colour the paint is exactly..

That is true but when all the instructions have on them is color FS 36440, what shade of gray is that?

Well i usually distinguish colours by the name not number. Like- Light ghost gray

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 am