Nice one Brian
Actually I'm having a quite a nightmare in construction.
1] I glued limbs, obviously pinned beforehand, sealed with MS, sanded smooth when dry and aplied a light rash of undercoat.....
2] Stuck wings, stuck head which has the flow of hair going on the wings' centre section.........but.......in between the hair and the wings, is too wide and the hair fall short of the wings' end.......also the wings' joint to the back is very poor and thus needed quite some MS......so I cut off (I should have done it before
) the flow of hair, and blended more MS for a secure bond more then anything else
3] I glued flower stem to the leaf......I pinned stem and filled with MS.
Today was a "wasted day"
as I managed to dislocate the limbs twice
so repairing with superglue, sanding and adding two grass (hope it looks like grass when painted
) bands from MS + Duro to SECURE both limbs. As you can imagine, this doubled or tripled the trouble as the wings keep geeting in the way, but thank God they are embedded in MS.
I finally decided what base to use and what water I'm going to use
However, THE BIGGEST HEADACHE of how am I going to securely stick her to the leaf, to the base, and how am I going to paint, that is ALL assembled or partly assembled is still on
You may ask what of the hair now
Yes I have to rework 99% of the hair now