SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
alexbb
Carius
Magal
Noel Petroni
bcauchi
skyhigh
slingshot392
Ray
iCocker
Dottore
14 posters

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done!

Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty Joking apart...

Post  Dottore Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:41 am

You still think they are too mild Bri?

Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tamiya BT-7...chipping done!

Post  bcauchi Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

You asked for my opinion and yes i still think that they are too mild but who am i to tell you how to make them. This is subjective and if you like it that way and think that there are enough, then just stop there. But i think that they are too few and too inconspicuous. Just my opinion. Better ask the tank people. I know nothing of a tank and how they were treated but i guess that they were more subject to chipping that aircraft. They were closer to the ground and had more people climbing all over them.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:38 pm

So a tank should have chippings? Why?

For me chippings tell a story, if this tank stand to be a warrior from Barbarossa or Poland so in my eyes it is good as practically the tanks used were never used in anger ...  If this tank would have passed alive from Brabarossa then would be a veteran would have considerable scars and battle damage as it went through a terrible fight ... But this is how I see things ...

Just watch the T64BV in Ukraine the first days they were shiny and clean, practically intact ... If you see them now they are already a complete mess ... Everything tell a story and models are not fashion items ...

On a different note if you want to weather something please weather that piece of block wood, it looks likeit just came out from FIno showroom Wink ... The tank might not be damaged but crew would use that block quite regular Wink ... As it is it really captures my attension ....

And why are the engine air louvres black? Mela hsibtu bil-faham jahdem?
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Mikkinu Doc Roe Sad

Sawwtu iktar bil-mod jahasra mhux hekk, taqlalu t-tamal Ivan.......fiehmu u spjegalu halli jitaghllem w ahna nitaghllmu mieghu miskin hux I love you Twisted Evil

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm

In my opinion it is very good the chipping tell a story that this is a tank from Barbarossa period ... U jafu dan Wink ... The other things just nit picking ... Imma hekk jitghallem dak Wink
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty air louvres...

Post  Dottore Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:05 am

all pics i saw of BT showed the mesh overlying the louvres to be very sooty and rusty...so i thought it stood to reason that the underlying louvres would be blackened? or not? Anyway they will be covered with the engine mesh...Sad

Chipping? too little? I add more as Brian (and Alex) suggested?
    Wooden block will be dusted with the rest of the tank in later stages or you had other things in mind?

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:19 am

Personally if you are adding more chipping which I do not suggest for a Barbarossa tank .... I would go just for some more minor scratches (strips) showing a lighter colour of the green ... Scratches done from twigs and boots as an example but do not overdo it and on designated areas, remember it was a fast tank ... As for louvres what you saw were probably built models not real material they would be streaked with dust and gooo ... Imma insimma nahfrulek din, as for tye wooden area needs more paintwork , drybrushing would create a weathered look ... Hallik mid-dusting ... Next time work on a greyish colour wood turn to a greyish tine when weathered ... Imma nahfrulek ukoll Wink
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 am

a bronze in one of the toughest categories at EUROMILITAIRE
    WELL DONE MATT
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Proset Dott, well done and well deserved. How i wish i was there!!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Qed tara ma qridniex ghalxejn! Prosit Dottore pushing the bar a little will get you what you want!
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty well done

Post  in nannu pec Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Well done Mathew...prosit habib I concur with Alex.....regarding your achievment at Euro ...
    In Nannu Cool
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Well done Dottore.

The finish is quite realistic. and the pin wash really revealed the detail of the rivets. What is the year of operation of this AFV? Is it 1941 or 1938?

Although armoured vehicles were subjected to quite a lot of damages; I would rather have my model finished with some washes and rust, just like yours. Anyhow, that is maybe my humble opinion.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty Tanks guys....

Post  Dottore Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:46 pm

I'll bring the model to club tomorrow...

Dottore
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Dottore wrote:I'll bring the model to club tomorrow...

Dottore

I wanna see it too!! Smile
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 pm

alexbb wrote:a bronze in one of the toughest categories at EUROMILITAIRE
    WELL DONE MATT

BRAVISSIMU Doc Roe cheers cheers cheers

Poor he, as soon as I walked out of the Competition Room after the BoS was concluded, I FORGOT to CHECK his model re any awards Embarassed because them judges took AGES to conclude before the voting for the two special awards & the BoS started....so I just rushed out without checking & only remembered as I was talking to Joseph on my way the so called hotel & telling him how everyone faired No No No

But the wait was worth it even though he was thorn from within on the Sat night at the Church Restaurant cheers
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Tamiya BT-7...chipping done! - Page 3 Empty I'll post pics too...

Post  Dottore Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:01 am

Needless say I'm over the moon with the Bronze... cheers

Dottore

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:18 am