SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Dottore
Tancred
William
bcauchi
Luke
Ray
Noel Petroni
11 posters

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 pm

BETTER VIEW

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Better1

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-better2

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-better3

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-better4
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE

Post  Ray Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Now it really LOOKS PARALLEL Twisted Evil welldone Twisted Evil

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Nice looking fence, Smile I think it looks better in white than the dark color it was.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 pm

The fence looks much better now, i prefer the white, well done my friend, it is looking really nice.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 Empty Lovely terrain....

Post  Dottore Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm

great attention to detail....

Dottore
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:22 pm

bcauchi wrote:The fence looks much better now, i prefer the white, well done my friend, it is looking really nice.

Thank you ray, J.Fenech, and Doc.....

Brian...... I think that in modelling if something does not feel good to your eyes than it has to go and not try to get accustomed to. I never liked the blue fence and left it there to try and get used to it because I felt lazy to repaint it................... but I just couldn't leave it there!

Regards
    Noel
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Farmer and other figures are nearly ready

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-b1-1

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-farm1-1
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Where the hell do you get these really nice figures? I am going to need some mechanics to put about mu me110 but i don't know where to get some which are different to the ones i already got. Tank mechanics can do for luftwaffe ones. They just need plain overalls so that they will pass as wearing dungarees or a boiler suit or just a black jacket and trousers. I need some different poses.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 pm

THis diorama is closed..... there are items that I would have wished to continue detailing but I had to stop somewhere!

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio6

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio7

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio4

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio5

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio3

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-dio1

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio2

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio9

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 PB-Dio8

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 am

Looks neat Noel, I really like teh angry look of the farmer, probably he was a veteran in WW1 and stil annoyed with the Huns Twisted Evil

My only critisism [judging the photos which might the camera did not capture well] the effect of dust on the Bison is too montone [the Kebel has much better defenition IMHO], would be nice to create some additional colour to break the effect, but be gentle and subtle ... thumbs up!
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 Empty Great scene...

Post  Dottore Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Agree with Ivan...infact sometimes pigments can flaten the look of a model i think....

Love the figgys and building too...

Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Great stuff as usual Noel, however, the only thing i don;t like and which is the fact that the kubel's tyres have no weight on them. They are perfectly round. I would flatten them a bit. Perfectly round tyres are a dead givaway that the thing is a model. All the rest is really neat. I will not comment on dust etc, since AFV's are not my line but the kubel does look slightly better.
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Well done Noel, it sure looks good Cool

Tankred afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Well done Noel, it sure looks very good Cool

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 pm

bcauchi wrote:Great stuff as usual Noel, however, the only thing i don;t like and which is the fact that the kubel's tyres have no weight on them. They are perfectly round. I would flatten them a bit. Perfectly round tyres are a dead givaway that the thing is a model. All the rest is really neat. I will not comment on dust etc, since AFV's are not my line but the kubel does look slightly better.

Thanks Brian!

As regards tyres
    As far as I know and have been told, the tyres were actually ridged. Even today, if you look at the old Land Rover (not new Discovery Rovers) the rubber is very stiff and they do not show any effect of weight.

Some examples
    Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 Schwimm

Dragon Bison I Diorama - FENCE IS WHITE - Page 4 7623033026317823

In aircraft, I know that it's mandatory to deflate tyres on models because of the sheer weight of the plane.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for looking
    Ivan, Doc, Brian, Tancred, Ray
    ascomt
    ascomt
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  ascomt Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Prosit Noel

Great attention to the loads of detail in there.

Prosit immens - especially as Ivan said to the grumpy look on the old man's face.

cheers cheers cheers

Alex

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Very nicely done diorama, great work!!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 am

My mistake about the tyres, that is why i don't comment much about AFV's, better keep my mouth shut iktar naqta figura. cheers!!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 am

bcauchi wrote:My mistake about the tyres, that is why i don't comment much about AFV's, better keep my mouth shut iktar naqta figura. cheers!!

Anzi Brian, speaking of myself I learned about VW tyres, was news to me ... by the way that is a softskine not an AFV Twisted Evil
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 pm

bcauchi wrote:My mistake about the tyres, that is why i don't comment much about AFV's, better keep my mouth shut iktar naqta figura. cheers!!

Oh, no....... please continue to comment....... you are one of the few who puts in a good critique and that is what I like!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:55 pm

@ Thanks Alex!

@ THanks J.Fenech!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:39 am

Noel, you made me spend an hour on the internet looking at kubelwagens. I found a neat site where they show a lot of exisitng examples and some are even for sale, it was very interesting. you are right, the tyres do not deform noticably not even when there are passengers in the vehicle, maybe one way to make it look better would be to make a slight depression in the ground where the vehicle stands if the ground is soft. Otherwise, it is as you say, no deformation of the tyre.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 pm

bcauchi wrote:Noel, you made me spend an hour on the internet looking at kubelwagens. I found a neat site where they show a lot of exisitng examples and some are even for sale, it was very interesting. you are right, the tyres do not deform noticably not even when there are passengers in the vehicle, maybe one way to make it look better would be to make a slight depression in the ground where the vehicle stands if the ground is soft. Otherwise, it is as you say, no deformation of the tyre.

Ok...so now you are now a Kubelwagn expert! Very Happy

Yes, you are right! Re: Depression in the ground! To say the truth, nothing is fixed to the ground and I was so eager to take photos that I did not bother to spend time caring for the contact points. However, I still have to take better pics of the dio and I would have rectified this flaw!

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm