SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
matilda
clioguy
Cyril.
skyhigh
Gordon
jojjemannen
in nannu pec
William
Luke
Noel Petroni
bcauchi
iCocker
alexbb
Ray
Joseph
Dottore
Alex Kontiveis
21 posters

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  bcauchi Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Just took another look at it Alex. The painting is brilliant and i love the weathering. It is perfect. The oiliness, the dirt and the chipped paint on the bearers. This is going to be your all time masterpiece my friend. Truly amazing, every part you are making is a model in itself, no corners cut, simply amazing!!!
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Empty End of the game....

Post  Alex Kontiveis Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi guys...
    This is the End of my build. If that, is accepted at the airport (cause of its dimensions), will be represented as IPMS MALTA at Telford in 2013.

I hope you like it.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00219l

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00180bx

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00181lh

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00182v

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00188xk

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00132lb

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00199pi

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00202tn

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00210xy

and that's my wife screams when she realized that the monster is gonna be placed into our showcase at home!!!

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00215pr

Cheers
    ALex.
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  Cyril. Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Alex, my friend.

A truly fantastic beast, really amazing Shocked down to the last detail.
    I like the weathering very much. Very Happy
    As usual, well done. cheers

Cyril.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Awesome piece Alex.....truly an AMAZING MASTERPIECE and praying it will be accepted on the Aircraft......make sure it is not RyanAir because their cabbin luggage dimensions are THE SMALLEST on the Planet 55cmX40cmX20mm Sad cheers
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm

spitfire5b wrote:Alex, my friend.

A truly fantastic beast, really amazing Shocked down to the last detail.
    I like the weathering very much. Very Happy
    As usual, well done. cheers

Cyril.

TNX Cyril. I'm glad you like it. I appreciate it! Embarassed
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Ray wrote:Awesome piece Alex.....truly an AMAZING MASTERPIECE and praying it will be accepted on the Aircraft......make sure it is not RyanAir because their cabbin luggage dimensions are THE SMALLEST on the Planet 55cmX40cmX20mm Sad cheers

OH Yes...But I'm not so optimist Ray...I will lose for only one inch!

Thank U so much!

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Amazing work, a true masterpiece in every aspect. Very well done and I like very much
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 pm

your model is a sight for sore eyes
    thank you for gracing our forum
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:10 pm

My God Alex!! What a masterpiece Shocked And thanks for representing IPMSMALTA at Telford cheers
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Alex el Greco!

This is a masterpiece, surely many Brits will have their eyes rolling and jaws dropping at Telford!

It is an honour that after many years you are going to represent our brotherhood and club at Telford! It is about time they here about us again!

One day you should bring over this diamond to Malta!

PROSIT!

Ivan
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!

THe paint work the details.......... it's simply BEAUTIFUL!

You have great skills!

Regards
    Noel
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi Alex ..This is what I call a passion for aircraft and of course a passion for aircraft master build... welldone my friend you reach all aspects for enthusiast and modeling skills.... affraid cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 pm

You are the master Alex. To be really honest with you i never thought that we would see this done in such a short time. That is the best ever model you have built and the mother of all Lancaster models. If that don't beat all at Telford. It has all the ingredients for a best in show, it is a well loved British plane, excellently built and with lots and lots of detail, actually the most well detailed lancaster ever built. That is truly amazing!! What more can i say, i bow before the master!!!!
    antonio argudo
    antonio argudo
    Commended
    Commended

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Empty Madre mia!!!

Post  antonio argudo Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 pm

I thought you gave up with this one after no more updates but... Crying or Very sad
    Baannggg!! all I can say is thank you for this fruit for the eyes, you are really a tuff modeller, your effort is worth, so many headaches for sure through this build! you are on top! this is a great tribute to this marvalous plane, it has the look like the real thing! I thing it would be a good idea to have a photo sesion with natural light, I wonder what would be your next proyect for our delight!
    keep the good mate!
    greettings from Spain!
    Antonio
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Holy crap!

Are you sure that you haven't been out taking photos of the real thing?

.. WOOOW!
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 am

J.Fenech wrote:Amazing work, a true masterpiece in every aspect. Very well done and I like very much

Hi J.
    I’m very glad you like it. Thank U.

alex wrote:your model is a sight for sore eyes
    thank you for gracing our forum

Oh Yes, Alex. That’s a very beautiful monster… Thank U.!

RayCaruana wrote:My God Alex!! What a masterpiece Shocked And thanks for representing IPMSMALTA at Telford cheers

Thank U Ray. It will be my honor joining your team. I hope to be accepted on the plane.

iCocker wrote:Alex el Greco!

This is a masterpiece, surely many Brits will have their eyes rolling and jaws dropping at Telford!

It is an honour that after many years you are going to represent our brotherhood and club at Telford! It is about time they here about us again!

One day you should bring over this diamond to Malta!

PROSIT!

Ivan

Yes Ivan. I do believe that Malta has all the qualifications to gather all the process there. All of you are great modelers. I think Telford needs a Rock’s strike. Thank U!

Noel Petroni wrote:BEAUTIFUL!!!

THe paint work the details.......... it's simply BEAUTIFUL!

You have great skills!

Regards
    Noel

It was very difficult for me to achieve the bubble effect on the fuselage panels…Cause of its dimensions…every movement around my table was not easy…Don’t forget that the model is very Heavy…More than 2 Kilos!
    Thank U!

skyhigh wrote:Hi Alex ..This is what I call a passion for aircraft and of course a passion for aircraft master build... welldone my friend you reach all aspects for enthusiast and modeling skills.... affraid cheers

Passion is very important for making something Good, plane, ship, figure, vehicle…That makes the difference. Thank U Marco!

bcauchi wrote:You are the master Alex. To be really honest with you i never thought that we would see this done in such a short time. That is the best ever model you have built and the mother of all Lancaster models. If that don't beat all at Telford. It has all the ingredients for a best in show, it is a well loved British plane, excellently built and with lots and lots of detail, actually the most well detailed lancaster ever built. That is truly amazing!! What more can i say, i bow before the master!!!!

Although I don’t like the Allied planes…It was a nice change for me. A true challenge in 1/48…I will never touch a 4 engines bird again…Impressive but rather boring I could say…Endless (but useless) detail, to many traps, huge and heavy models…Personally I will return back to my single engines planes. Thank U Brian. I really appreciate all of your comments. !

antonio argudo wrote:I thought you gave up with this one after no more updates but... Crying or Very sad
    Baannggg!! all I can say is thank you for this fruit for the eyes, you are really a tuff modeller, your effort is worth, so many headaches for sure through this build! you are on top! this is a great tribute to this marvalous plane, it has the look like the real thing! I thing it would be a good idea to have a photo sesion with natural light, I wonder what would be your next proyect for our delight!
    keep the good mate!
    greettings from Spain!
    Antonio

Hi Antonio? How RU ?

No no…I never give up so easily…Actually my work does not allow free time for me, especially in summer period. My next project concerns a plane, that I hear its engine every day…A PZL M-18 dromader, based on Marek’s resin kit. The Kit is not something good…but his historical value is priceless! The Kit kit will be re-constructed from the beginning following my way of modeling.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Headqp1

jojjemannen wrote:Holy crap!

Are you sure that you haven't been out taking photos of the real thing?

.. WOOOW!

Thank U so much. No it’s the old Tamiya’s Kit… That’s the art of modeling. Grabbing a piece of plastic toy and making it to seams like real…
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 am

Unfortunately the huge Lanc, can not be accepted according to present flight regulations in Greece. No chance.

So I have to start looking for another "British" project...

Any ideas?

For a moment I thought about Armstrong Whitley in 1/48 scratch built...but I'm afraid that will not be accepted also...
    My next choice...is Handley Hampden...

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

ALEX MY DEAR FEELOS I am absolutely speech less affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    Simply awesome ......Fantastic job all over in construction, scratchbuilding, paintwork, weathering ....what else!!!!!! what a model !!!!!!
    You are a credit to the hobby my friend.....a master ......and like Alex said the Merlin is a model in itself....well done and congratulations on a fantastic job....what's next !!!!!!
    How about a Hampden or a Halifax !!!!
    Take care Buddy
    In nannu What a Face
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 am

IN NANNU PEC wrote:ALEX MY DEAR FEELOS I am absolutely speech less affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    Simply awesome ......Fantastic job all over in construction, scratchbuilding, paintwork, weathering ....what else!!!!!! what a model !!!!!!
    You are a credit to the hobby my friend.....a master ......and like Alex said the Merlin is a model in itself....well done and congratulations on a fantastic job....what's next !!!!!!
    How about a Hampden or a Halifax !!!!
    Take care Buddy
    In nannu What a Face

Hi Louis!!! Glad to meet U again!

My next coming is a PZL M-18 dromader as I mentioned above replying to Antonio. I 'm thinking very seriously about Hampden (rather small?) and Whitley Mk.V (very unique theme for 2013).

Tank U about your good words!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Alex Kontiveis wrote:Unfortunately the huge Lanc, can not be accepted according to present flight regulations in Greece. No chance.

Any ideas?

For a moment I thought about Armstrong Whitley in 1/48 scratch built...but I'm afraid that will not be accepted also...

That is sad news, damn these restrictions!
    Gordon
    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Fantastic job, ALEX
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Alex Kontiveis wrote:Unfortunately the huge Lanc, can not be accepted according to present flight regulations in Greece. No chance.

Any ideas?

Alex there is also the Avro manchester conv from paragon if it's still available...
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:06 am

skyhigh wrote:

Any ideas?

Alex there is also the Avro manchester conv from paragon if it's still available...

Manchester, Hallifax, Southampton, Felixstowe...are already won the best aircraft at Telford. All these are builds by a Greek Master Tsonos Megas (and good friend of mine)...

I need something strong to join your team.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00166eo

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00193y

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00170bb

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 6 Dsc00171yj
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 am

Maybe a Maltese icon - a GLOSTER GLADIATOR, Faith, Hope or Charity or the new Tamiya super model a Maltese Spitfire in some obscure colour scheme!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 pm

[quote="Alex Kontiveis"]
    skyhigh wrote:

Any ideas?

Manchester, Hallifax, Southampton, Felixstowe...are already won the best aircraft at Telford. All these are builds by a Greek Master Tsonos Megas (and good friend of mine)...

I need something strong to join your team.

[Ok then there still the Hampden , Sunderland in Malta !!!!! Stirling ,Wellington with matilda tank again in Malta...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:41 am