SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
matilda
clioguy
Cyril.
skyhigh
Gordon
jojjemannen
in nannu pec
William
Luke
Noel Petroni
bcauchi
iCocker
alexbb
Ray
Joseph
Dottore
Alex Kontiveis
21 posters

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  alexbb Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

i have just seen the turrets and for once i am SPEECHLESS(WORD LESS)

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HECK OF A MODEL
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:42 pm

alex wrote:i have just seen the turrets and for once i am SPEECHLESS(WORD LESS)

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HECK OF A MODEL

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 00020414 hmmmm E=mc2 something like that?

Come on Alex...Its not a big deal. You make better things. Your team is really GREAT.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 pm

ALEX
    I have had this tamiya kit for a long time with the intention of building some time or another. i have always known it needed some work but you just made me aware just how much it needs. what fascinates most about your work is that you take no shortcuts, the amount of detail and the accuracy you put is special ive seen some great models in my time and i rank the work on this one as being up there with the best.

p.s. when you come to malta bring the lancaster with you i will buy you a full bottle or two of j.d. maybe you will forget something behind
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

alex wrote:ALEX
    I have had this tamiya kit for a long time with the intention of building some time or another. i have always known it needed some work but you just made me aware just how much it needs. what fascinates most about your work is that you take no shortcuts, the amount of detail and the accuracy you put is special ive seen some great models in my time and i rank the work on this one as being up there with the best.

p.s. when you come to malta bring the lancaster with you i will buy you a full bottle or two of j.d. maybe you will forget something behind

No no....my habib...More chances to "forget" something if you buy me 1000 lit of Kinnie... Ask Brian for that!!! He bought for me a 1,5 lit bottle of Kinnie and it disappeared in seconds!!! JD is for forgetting pain...not for pleasure!!

I dont think that i'm going to bring the monster to Malta...Its rather difficult for me...I have to change 2 planes to come there again!!! I will try to bring it to Telford (not this year). Believe it or not, we've got many charters from my island to London, directly. 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 00020388
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Alex my friend, you are insanely magnificent. This is simply way out. I love it so much, it just cannot be better. Can you tell us how you made the braided hose pipes? they are really nice and authentic looking. i also love the empty ammy bags. How did you do those, are they milliput? It would be nice if you could tell us. Once again, this work leaves one speechless. You are the man!!!
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 am

bcauchi wrote:Alex my friend, you are insanely magnificent. This is simply way out. I love it so much, it just cannot be better. Can you tell us how you made the braided hose pipes? they are really nice and authentic looking. i also love the empty ammy bags. How did you do those, are they milliput? It would be nice if you could tell us. Once again, this work leaves one speechless. You are the man!!!

Braided Hose pipes:
    I used a silver chain for jewels very very thin. You can ask for her as "mouse tail type". There is no thinner in market. Thats suitable for engines in scale, also.

SPENT AMMO bags:
    No...milliput.
    I used plasteline wrapped with Tamiya's masking tape. I gave them the shape i wanted using my fingers. Then 2 coats of primmer were applied on. (Mr Surfacer)Then I painted them.

By the same way i made the storage leather bag (see my previous update).

Modeling must be very simple. As simplest, the better out coming results. If you try more and pass the SCALE's RED LINE, your are gonna achieve NOTHING. Maybe a clown!

You have to know the limits always. You should better put less detail some times in order of realism!

THATS my Theory of course!

Feel free for more questions.

Alex.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks Alex, that silver chain works like a charm. It looks really great when painted, just like the real thing. time to invest in some silver.
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 am

bcauchi wrote:Thanks Alex, that silver chain works like a charm. It looks really great when painted, just like the real thing. time to invest in some silver.

Not a big investment Brian. They are cheap enough . You can buy 5 chains (40cm long each one) with 10 Euros. I will give U the numbers of dimensions in afternoon. They come from Italy.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:50 am

Brilliant my friend, by the way good morning, you seem to be up and about early and looking in at the forum. Have a good day.
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 am

bcauchi wrote:Brilliant my friend, by the way good morning, you seem to be up and about early and looking in at the forum. Have a good day.

as usual!!!! Have a nice day Brian! Take care!
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 am

Good morning Alex,

I follow your updates, but I am speechless, there is no word in the English dictionery to describe your work.
    Keep it up my friend. Shocked Shocked
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Thu May 27, 2010 3:45 pm

spitfire5b wrote:Good morning Alex,

I follow your updates, but I am speechless, there is no word in the English dictionery to describe your work.
    Keep it up my friend. Shocked Shocked

Thank U so much!!!

The fuselage is Finished at last...Only a few small details need to be added later and as soon as the model will get his primer's coat.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 12191755

My main target this time, was to achieve the bubble effect on fuselage panels, according the real one. Very difficult procedure. I spent weeks and weeks to get the correct shapes on the fuselage. Although Lanc's fuselage seems to be an simple and easy one...there are lots of traps. Pantograph device was used to work the aluminium sheet on difficult areas.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 77393098.th 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 35745694.th

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 47926799.th
    1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 74454770.th

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 Dubano

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 54110634.th 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 18481351.th 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 89049562c.th 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 70545347.th

In the meanwhile, I have started the wings..(or what is left of them!!!!), wheel wells, fuel tanks, cabin heating. An update is coming soon.

Thanks for reading me.

Alex el Greco!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi Alex how are you ...impressive work as always my friend .....
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

AWESOME....ALEX......i WANNA SEE THIS MASTERPIECE READY......FANTASTIC AMOUNT OF DETAIL MY FRIEND
    in nannu pec What a Face
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 pm

apart from the fantastic detail i am impressed with the way you skinned the lancaster it looks incredibly realistic, simply fantastic, well worth the wait but all of us here missed your work
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Fri May 28, 2010 9:17 am

Marco, Louis, Alex.

Thank U for your good words. I'm very tired of this project. It's endless!!! I have to finish it till October this year for our exhibition.

But the way I missed you to! All of you!

PS. LOUIS? Send me your latest update of the boat. Check the article on www.helmo.gr
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat May 29, 2010 5:16 am

Hi Alex,

I saw the updates and I think it's totally insane!!!!! The detail you are putting in a 1/48 scale is out of this world.

I thought I saw it all in scale modelling but this goes beyond!

Fantastic work!

Regards
    Noel
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 am

After seeing this latest update,i have voted you the best aircraft modeller in the world, unless i see something more amazing than what you are doing which i really doubt. I also, however vote you the world's best insane modeller!!! you have taken modelling one step beyond, this is an altogether new standard. Simply Amazing, no more words come to mind.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat May 29, 2010 10:11 am

bcauchi wrote:After seeing this latest update,i have voted you the best aircraft modeller in the world, unless i see something more amazing than what you are doing which i really doubt. I also, however vote you the world's best insane modeller!!! you have taken modelling one step beyond, this is an altogether new standard. Simply Amazing, no more words come to mind.

Alex I simply agree with Brian! By the way love the new layout of Helmo!

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 am

They said it ALL before me & left me out of words Shocked

Amazing and Inspiring to say the least Twisted Evil
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Alex..... your Lancaster is coming a beauty.... really speechless!!!

Can I ask a question please... how do you manage to make such small parts? What do you use?
    Cheers and keep us posted.
    Duncan
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Noel, Brian, Ray, Ivan...you are joking!!! I hope so!!! As I told you hundreds of times...I'm an ordinary modeller just like all of you. You make things that i will never manage to do in this life. So...I appreciate your good words (I dont forget...MALTESE KNIGHTS in Arms and Soul) but I can not accept em.

Hi Alex..... your Lancaster is coming a beauty.... really speechless!!!

Can I ask a question please... how do you manage to make such small parts? What do you use?
    Cheers and keep us posted.
    Duncan

It's a matter of habit. I'm a son of a jeweller, so I'm used to work with metal and its components...

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Amazing work and impressive detail. It is almost a pity that you have to cover all that work with paint.
    matilda
    matilda
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  matilda Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

werry nice indeed.
    this is more and more amaising model and i am sure will be a winner when finish.
    stevan
    antonio argudo
    antonio argudo
    Commended
    Commended

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 4 Empty amazing

Post  antonio argudo Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 am

Hi Alex, this build is one of my favourites latelly, I take attention of your use of aluminium finnish as Im developing also this technique in my next build, a b17 fortress, I send you encourage strength to continue this great build! get those wings nailed!
    cheers
    Antonio cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:45 am