SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Luke
William
Alex Kontiveis
jojjemannen
Dottore
danchircop
slingshot392
Noel Petroni
AdriaN
bcauchi
Joseph
alexbb
16 posters

My production line

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

My production line - Page 2 Empty Re: My production line

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Fantastic Builds! Nice and clean work!

I look forward to see the painting!

Regards
    Noel

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 am

I was able to get to the spray booth today and hit my stuka and HE-162 with their underside colors

My production line - Page 2 100_4778-1

My production line - Page 2 100_4779-1

My production line - Page 2 100_4781

My production line - Page 2 100_4780

In both cases I will have to give them a second coat as once the paint dried it was to thin. I may have to upgrade the lighting at my spray booth.

I also went a little over the top on my night camo for my HO-229, but go ahead and prove me wrong. :sarcasm:

My production line - Page 2 100_4782

My production line - Page 2 100_4783

and I also was able to get the colors on my KI-46 (heavy fighter version)

My production line - Page 2 100_4784

My production line - Page 2 100_4785

My production line - Page 2 100_4787

My production line - Page 2 100_4789

The gloss on it is my first coat of gloss coat for decals...

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:38 am

Have the KI-46 ready for decals now...

My production line - Page 2 100_4798

My production line - Page 2 100_4799

My production line - Page 2 100_4800

My production line - Page 2 100_4801

also got the basic paint done on the A-10....

My production line - Page 2 100_4803

My production line - Page 2 100_4804

My production line - Page 2 100_4805

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:40 am

Got some more done on my A-10

weighted the nose so it sits right and got some more of the pe done as well as painted on the chaff & flare dispensers, and forgot to mention 5 coats of white paint to get complete coverage in the wheel wells (and that was out of the bottle!) affraid

My production line - Page 2 100_4810

My production line - Page 2 100_4815

My production line - Page 2 100_4816

The intakes still bug the hell out of me Mad, it didn't fit well..

My production line - Page 2 100_4812

got to see what I can do about that... Question

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 am

here are updates for my KI-46....

My production line - Page 2 100_4836

My production line - Page 2 100_4837

My production line - Page 2 100_4838

My production line - Page 2 100_4839

Tamiya decals were very thick.... next step is gloss coat and panel line sludge...

My HE-162......

My production line - Page 2 100_4840

My production line - Page 2 100_4841

My production line - Page 2 100_4842

My production line - Page 2 100_4843

I don't like the underside gray I think it is too dark I will have to repaint it...
    The upper surfaces will look better once dull coated (several steps away)

And my Stuka. So far it is turning out quite well...(IMHO)

My production line - Page 2 100_4844

My production line - Page 2 100_4845

My production line - Page 2 100_4846

My production line - Page 2 100_4848

Next step - mask off for the second color... err fun....

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:47 am

Here are progress pictures of the A-10

My production line - Page 2 100_4824

My production line - Page 2 100_4825

The air intakes look a little better (amazing what about 1/8" of puddy can do) Still have to touch up around the intakes and I am not going to like repainting the fan blade. I don't have a brush long enough to get in there easily (my hand and the fuselage both want to occupy the same space when working on the intakes.)

My production line - Page 2 100_4826

My production line - Page 2 100_4827

My production line - Page 2 100_4828

I am going to give this one a combat load for tank plinking. Which means 6 mavs and a pair of ECM pods. Most of the time I see this thing the modeler has the poor thing weighted down with mavs, bombs, and fuel tanks. affraid Oh it looks good but the poor thing wouldn't be able to get off the ground! All the modeler has done is model as 56 foot wide truck! Exclamation

Over all it is not turning out to be a bad model after all, but not contest worthy. Oh well What a Face

Post  Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 am

Gave several of my aircraft gloss coats today so I can start decals on them my F-111 and my A-10

So far just the A-10 got started....

My production line - Page 2 100_4849

My production line - Page 2 100_4850

but I also started another kit this weekend, a Rafale B....

My production line - Page 2 100_4851

My production line - Page 2 100_4852

My production line - Page 2 100_4853

My production line - Page 2 100_4854

I also got started on my B-25J (painted the interior , wheel wells and misc interior parts interior green) will post pics when I get some work done on the interior. I also gave my F-15 a steel base coat. Next step is the 2 tone gray camo (hopefully by the end of the week)

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 am

Well I repainted the F-111 with the right tan color added decals and put on the engine exhaust and landing gear, so now it looks like an aircraft...

My production line - Page 2 100_5718

My production line - Page 2 100_5717

My production line - Page 2 100_5716

My production line - Page 2 100_5719

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 am

Well I finally got the decals on the Stuka, took 3 days! (took over 20 minutes each to soak the large crosses on the underside of the wings to break them free of the backer paper!)

My production line - Page 2 100_5721

My production line - Page 2 100_5722

My production line - Page 2 100_5723

My production line - Page 2 100_5724

have some touch up painting to do and add the fiddlely bits before its ready for panel line highlights and weathering.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 am

looking good, i like the hog best.
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:52 am

Holy cow, what a production line you have going! And I thought I had a lot of models going at once, at least you are finishing yours! Smile Lots of very nice models here.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:54 am

slingshot392 wrote:Holy cow, what a production line you have going! And I thought I had a lot of models going at once, at least you are finishing yours! Smile Lots of very nice models here.

I have only a small amount of my production here... currently on the workbench

HO-229 1/48 (in painting)
    F-14 1/48 (getting close to painting)
    F-15 1/48 (touchup painting moving on to decals soon)
    F-111 1/48 (weathering stage)
    Su-24 1/72 (weathering stage)
    A-10 1/48 (weathering stage)
    Stuka 1/48 (panel lines and weathering)
    HE-162 1/32 (repainting)
    AR-234 1/48 (painting)
    X-29 1/72 (getting close to painting)
    MIG-37 1/72 (getting close to painting)
    B-25 1/48 (under construction)
    F-4 1/48 (finished rescribing now preping for resin aftermarket parts)
    HE-111 1/48 (under construction beginning stages)
    XB-35 1/72 (painting)
    6 - 1/35 army men (under construction)
    Dicker Max tank (under construction - early stages)
    Jedi Starfighter (under construction)
    Rafale B 1/48 (close to painting)

After I finish the Stuka (want to take him to shows) and the XB-35 (most likely a shelf kit - not good enough for shows) I will move forward on the F-15 and start a YF-12, M-21 & D-21 combo, two XB-70's and a F-108 Rapier (or as I am calling them "My Mach 3 Club")

I have a lot of models going and work on any one of them as the fancy hits me, prevent boredom with any given kit as I have a very short attention span.
    danchircop
    danchircop

Post  danchircop Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:25 am

Nice production going on there but how the heck do you manage to keep track? However I do understand the boredom part, happens to me as well sometimes.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:55 pm

danchircop wrote:Nice production going on there but how the heck do you manage to keep track? However I do understand the boredom part, happens to me as well sometimes.

To me it is quite simple, I keep all the parts in the original box so everything is always together and one of the shelves in my modeling closet is for under construction models only. So as one model has paint drying I can be building another one. Just grab the box I want to work on at the time. Every now and then I go on a finishing rampage and complete several models real quickly then start a bunch more.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I found a way to do panel lines on raised panel lines modes on another forum using pastels and thought you guys would like to see it.

The A-10 I am finishing turns out to be a great testbed for this technique. At this point the model is painted, decaled, and dull coated. The dull coat is important as the pastels do not stick to gloss coat. The dull coat rougher texture allows the pastels to grab better.

For this technique you will need chalk pastels, a small paint brush and a large paint brush..(in the photo below I have ground some black and med gray pastels for use....

My production line - Page 2 100_5770

Using the small brush, brush the black pastels on the model following the panel lines...(try to center the brush over the panel lines)

My production line - Page 2 100_5766

Don't panic it looks heavy right now but the next step tones it down. After applying the black pastel, use the large brush and the med gray pastels and lightly dust the entire model. With aircraft brush the direction of air flow, on other models in the direction of the most likely weathering.

My production line - Page 2 100_5769

I have moved on a little further...

My production line - Page 2 100_5768

My production line - Page 2 100_5771

I will post pictures when fully complete....

(might even use this on my stuka...:hmmm:)

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Just about done with the top side... but here is a before and after on the model (left wing - before -- right side - after)

My production line - Page 2 100_5772

My production line - Page 2 100_5773
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

My production line - Page 2 Empty Interesting technique....

Post  Dottore Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Beware though...the effect of pastels might be greatly diminished once you varnish (matt or gloss)...

Dottore

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Dottore wrote:Beware though...the effect of pastels might be greatly diminished once you varnish (matt or gloss)...

Dottore

I have discovered that on previous models, so what I am going to try here is using art fixative first then a dull coat once the fixative is dry...

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:11 am

XB-35 got i'ts aluminum coat of paint. I plan to highlight several panels with different shades of steel and alum to add interest to the model. But this is how I hung it up to dry. (hope the cats don't get curious)

My production line - Page 2 100_5774

My production line - Page 2 100_5775

My production line - Page 2 100_5776

and it is only 1/72 scale!

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 am

Also got the panel lines on the Stuka tonight. Going to let it dry for several hours then dull coat it and let that dry over night.

My production line - Page 2 100_5778

My production line - Page 2 100_5779

My production line - Page 2 100_5780
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:24 am

Wow, that's some list of projects! Not sure of all of my projects off the top of my head, besides the Enterprise, I have a Wolfman going as well as a space shuttle, a Wedell-Williams 44 that I will do as one of Roscoe Turners planes, a Klingon Bird of Prey, a car or two, and a couple Polar Lights 1/1000 Enterprises that are being chopped up for different starships, and a Mustang being butchered for the air racer Beguine that I pull out every few months, there's probably more, but I can't remember them. I also switch around models for whatever is holding my interest at the time as I also have a pretty short attention span and my interests jump pretty much everywhere, I also have some at various stages of being built out of the box to some heavy conversions to priming and painting. I just hate masking though!

I like your pastel chalk treatment on the panel lines. I was just reading my latest edition of Model Railroader and it had an article on weathering with pastel chalks and artist crayons (hadn't heard of those before). I have a box of different colored chalks, I really want to pull them out and try them out now.

Your Warthog is coming along nicely, I really like your panel line treatment on your Stuka! Smile That Flying Wing is huge! I have the jet version sitting out in the garage on one of my shelves, one of those way down the list, looks like a really nice model! Any fit problems?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am

Did some more work on the A-10 with the pastel line highlighting. As a lot of us have found out already that when you use pastels and then dull coat is washes out a lot of your pastels. On this model I used fixative first on the pastels then dull coated and it worked quiet well!!

My production line - Page 2 100_5784

after fixative and dull coat....

My production line - Page 2 100_5785

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:01 am

slingshot392 wrote:Wow, that's some list of projects! Not sure of all of my projects off the top of my head, besides the Enterprise, I have a Wolfman going as well as a space shuttle, a Wedell-Williams 44 that I will do as one of Roscoe Turners planes, a Klingon Bird of Prey, a car or two, and a couple Polar Lights 1/1000 Enterprises that are being chopped up for different starships, and a Mustang being butchered for the air racer Beguine that I pull out every few months, there's probably more, but I can't remember them. I also switch around models for whatever is holding my interest at the time as I also have a pretty short attention span and my interests jump pretty much everywhere, I also have some at various stages of being built out of the box to some heavy conversions to priming and painting. I just hate masking though!

I like your pastel chalk treatment on the panel lines. I was just reading my latest edition of Model Railroader and it had an article on weathering with pastel chalks and artist crayons (hadn't heard of those before). I have a box of different colored chalks, I really want to pull them out and try them out now.

Your Warthog is coming along nicely, I really like your panel line treatment on your Stuka! Smile That Flying Wing is huge! I have the jet version sitting out in the garage on one of my shelves, one of those way down the list, looks like a really nice model! Any fit problems?

The Wing had a lot of fit problems, but I was ready for those from reading the reviews. So I know that problems I will run into on the XB-49 I have sitting on my to do shelf. My next several kits I want to start are all 1/72 scale, a SR-71 with D-21 drone, and YF-12 (interceptor version of the SR-71), and a pair of XB-70's! (those have fit problems too, and are going to be large kits when done 31" long with an 18" wingspan)
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 am

Nice tip with the spray! Did you get it at one of the box stores or a craft store?

Somewhere around here, I have a couple paper model kits of a SR-71 and a B-52 in 1/32 scale. They seem a little on the large side! affraid

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 am

slingshot392 wrote:Nice tip with the spray! Did you get it at one of the box stores or a craft store?

Somewhere around here, I have a couple paper model kits of a SR-71 and a B-52 in 1/32 scale. They seem a little on the large side! affraid

Picked up the Fixative in a crafts store. Look by the pencil and charcoal area in the store the fixative is usually near by. I just remembered using it in high school 20 years ago in art class.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am